Programs Fellowship – Fall 2016
The Angiogenesis Foundation is offering a fellowship in the Programs Department. The fellow will assist the CEO, and also COO, with Foundation management, processes, research, and interact with project managers and external VIPs concerning major initiatives and projects, proposals and reports. Coordinating internal and external relations, and relationship management will be a central role. In addition, fellows will support program departments with data acquisition, data analysis, and other day-to-day tasks. The fellow will learn valuable information about the emerging angiogenesis field with one of the foremost pioneers in the industry, about the business world, especially as it relates to the healthcare, biopharmaceutical, and nonprofit sector. The fellow will directly support projects for the CEO while earning the potential for a full time position, and positive references in future job searches.
- Plan and coordinate strategic activities with CEO, and also COO.
- Assist CEO to implement special projects and department initiatives, routine policies and procedures, and work with staff to ensure success of programs, and provide necessary support.
- Assist CEO with managing inquires, external communications, and engagements with existing and new high level contacts.
- Work with CEO on speeches, public and board presentations, and related strategy.
- Wide-ranging research support.
- Analyze strategic opportunities and threats on local, regional, national, international levels.
- Liaise between CEO and staff for events, meetings, travel and travel planning, and vendors
- Assist with communications from CEO office .
- Work with CEO and COO to identify processes and tools that streamline organizational efficiency and generate funding to support mission
- Develop and maintain databases/models
- Attend meetings, conferences, functions related to CEO’s work.
- Some national or international travel may be required.
- Availability 40+ hours per week
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to assess complex situations under tight timelines, make decisions, and handle team and external interactions with confidence and diplomacy
- Fast learner, self-starter, with perfectionist personality
- Exceptional interpersonal skills included excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and function in a fast paced work environment
- Possess confidence, maturity, responsibility and resourcefulness
- Interest or background in health, business, policy, strategy, and management.
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Active U.S. passport and driver’s license.
Send Resume/Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org